Thursday, October 29, 2009

Down to a few hours left!!

So we got to the hospital around 450 (I was crazy ready to get here). We had to wait until 5:20 to get our room. I was SO uncomfortable ready, and impatient. Wait let me back up and tell you today's events. Woke up around 9 with no sight of going back to sleep. Talked to mom around 10:20 and she said she was too excited and was on her way up. She got here around 11ish I suppose? I was out getting a new memory card so I didn't have to delete any on the old memory card. Then, we figure out that it would be better to go get a haircut before having him. So finally get to see little Miss Jessica! And I walk in and her beautiful long blond hair is now short and dark brown. Envy came out of the way she can wear her hair any way and it still looks great. Anyway, so she started asking me when I was due.. "Oh, I'm being induced at five..." "Are you KIDDING me?" Then I didn't feel bad when Tim (her co-worker) told me a story about a lady whose water had already broke and stopped by the hairdresser for a haircut on her way to the hospital WHILE SHE WAS ALREADY IN LABOR. Goodness. Then afterwards, went to go see my gorgeous manicurist Michelle and the lady whose nails she was doing mention the swine flu shot at the Jones Center in Springdale. Ugh. Thanks, lady. So we had to go do that. By the time all that was done mom figured we'd go back up to Rogers to Gordman's to exchange Bryan's slippers so he'd be able to wear them tonight along with his new pants. He's all Arkansas'd out right now. Dads-to-be need some gifts too :) Especially him, he deserves it. So we get here, and I swear they put the IV in and I'd never saw myself squirt so much blood (I'm still sore). My contractions during that time she was sticking me were 2 mins apart if that tells you how much i hate needles. Then they went back to around 8 mins apart. It's been pretty crazy so far. Apparently my contractions have been right back to back to back, so they had to pump me excessively with fluid for a while. Then his heartrate was too high, so I was really looking hot when they had to put the CO2 mask on me. I'm gonna guess he'll be here in the morning. Ambien hasn't taken effect (I took it 2 hrs ago), so I guess that's a loss. Anyway, it's pretty emotional realizing how much Bry and I have been through in the past year and a half and what we're about to experience for the rest of our lives. It's made tears creep up throughout the day thinking about it. Anyway, I'm shooting to have him out and born by 8 am-ish. We'll know a little bit more around midnight, so can't wait for that. In a few short hours I'm finally gonna see this little wiggleworm and he's gonna take my breath away :) I have a feeling I may be selfish for a little while, so bear with me if you come to visit. I've been waiting for this miracle for a long long while now. And then went over some. It's all about to happen - the crazed delivery, the hilarious doctor to keep my spirits up, the tears bursting through once I've seen this little Bryan/Heather offspring. Hopefully they'll stop switching my nurses though. I keep getting attached and then they leave. Oh well, more tomorrow!

Dear Maxwell,
I'm pleasantly surprised at how well things are going right now. I'm in little to no pain and yoru contractions are pretty strong. I can tell you're excited as well because your heart rate is spiked from moving around so much. It won't be too much longer before we can hold you and tell you how much we love you. Daddy's taking off a week to take care of us so we're extra lucky. I wouldn't want it any other way. You'll like him. He kinda carries a special space for you in his heart even though he may not show it all the time. You're his pride and joy darling. But then again, I understand that completely. I brag to people who ask about you all the time... it's hard not to :) Anyway, with just a few more hours 'til we finally meet face to face let's try and get a few hours sleep and then we can play all day tomorrow in between sleeping and feeding. I love you sweetheart. See you in a few hours.

Love always,
Mommy

"Birth is the sudden opening of a window, through which you look out upon a stupendous prospect. For what has happened? A miracle. You have exchanged nothing for the possibility of everything."
-William MacNeile Dixon

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad he is here now and all 3 of you are doing well. I do however wish that your prediction of around 8amish would have been correct, but oh well. I hope that this first night of sleep with him in the room and not in your belly is great and I can't wait to see the little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete