Friday, October 16, 2009

News flash: being numb is completely normal!

Okay, I feel like this week has been almost the absolute worst. 2 tests I have today. Well, last night around the time Bryan got home, I was texting Ellen Diebold getting really excited that Where the Wild Things Are was supposed to be showing. Well, when I went to text her back, I realized I couldn't see what I was typing. All these spots kept showing up. It got SO bad that I wasn't able to see out of my left eye. Then, a full-blown headache strikes (right below migraine level, not too far off). So normally, I flip out and turned to good 'ole google. Well, I had to wait 'til Bryan came back in (he was taking out the trash), because I wasn't able to read the screen about what these people had said. Then, my right arm started tingling really bad. So we call the docs, and oh glory they tell us to get to labor & delivery. We got there around 10 pm, and I was just certain that all they were going to do was check my blood pressure (apparently what I described to the nurse were signs of hypertension). Well, boy was I wrong. I flipped out shortly after we got there. While I was laying on the bed, Mm whole right hand went completely numb and I couldn't feel what I was doing. The absolutely scariest moment I had last night. Then Dr. Gorman comes in and tells me that this is normal... really? I don't understand how. Then they proceeded to do lab work with NEEDLES. Yes, needles! They had to take my blood, which I wasn't very happy about... I absolutely HATE needles. Then, we had to wait an 2 hours to get the results back and finally get discharged at 1 am. Needless to say, I won't miss that hospital once I'm finally able to get Max out. I prayed like crazy that God would just let him come out. THANKS FOR LISTENING UP THERE :( On a positive, haven't had any painful swelling since my last post so things are going pretty smoothly there :) We finally put in the carseat bases yesterday, so now I think we've officially done EVERYTHING we need to do to make sure that Max has everything he needs, and then some :) Plus, we can't take him home without a carseat. Which I'd rather hold him in my sling on the way home and stare at him, but silly law people say that's wrong. Anyway, not too much longer! 4 days 'til 40 weeks, and 8 days until the original due date... I just hope he's not late.

Dear Maxwell,
You're causing quite a deal of stress now. Uncertainty about when you're going to come, symptoms you cause me that I'm completely unaware are normal, and on top of that the frustration that's coming from STILL not making progress. You are a difficult little boy already, but I know you're going to be so full of life because you barely ever find time to stop moving. A word of advice... if a stranger named "Aunt Molly" comes up and tries to give you candy, promptly refuse. This is for your own sake, I promise. Anyway, you're going to have to give up this whole anti-socialness you have going on because the docs aren't gonna let you stay in past Halloween. Muahahaha ;) So why not just come now instead of later? It's okay, as my friend Stephanie told me, you're still working on perfection. My anticipation isn't very accepting of this perfection, but I suppose I don't have much of a choice. Anyway, wanted to write you a note today and let you know that you're very very loved and that your 2 weeks notice is coming up soon. Otherwise it's eviction, baby.

Love always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment