Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2 weeks left!

So now it's gotten to the point where I feel like he just wants to stay inside and play around forever. It's hard to imagine in a few short days I'll be holding him in my arms! If any of you reading this are planning to be there, I apologize in advance for how much I'm going to cry... I watched a Baby Story yesterday and bawled when someone else's baby was born, so I can only imagine mine. Bryan finally fixed the crib! (insert celebratory music) And everything is pretty much ready for his arrival! We have such amazing friends! Krystina and David came over on Friday and brought us the CUTEST halloween shoes and hat! And then a much needed changing pad that you can take around! I totally forgot we'd need one of those! Anyway, I never realized how much just going around doing normal things takes out of me. Last Friday, I started my day early (around 10), and then didn't get to stop for a break until around 4. Then an hour and a half later we were off to Bryan's cousin's football game and his grandmother's for dinner. By the time I got home (it was only 10 pm), my calves were swollen to the size of my thighs! So now I barely do anything so as to stay off my feet. Speaking of, mom came in town this weekend and had me go everywhere in the world with her. I got tired, so I used one of those electric scooter wheelchair mabobs. I was riding dirty, let me tell you. I was actually really embarrassed and wouldn't reverse because it made this huge obnoxious beeping noise. And I could swear people were staring at me like, "who the heck does this chick think she is riding around in one of these?" until I stood up. Anyway, tomorrow's baby day. We're going to have a MUCH BETTER doctor than the one we had last time. Hopefully we'll get news that I want to hear.

Dear Maxwell,
It's amazing how you, being so tiny, can cause so many emotions to rise up inside of me. In the past week, I've still wondered how life's going to play out for you, been scared to death of the worst, and elated with joy for your birth day. Daddy and I have everything here waiting for you. I'm praying each night now that the next day will be the day, I can hardly wait. I'll try to let you get some sleep soon after you're here, but no promises. Good night, right now you're moving around like crazy and I have no idea why. You made a friend last night. Your godmother, Jessica, brought over her puppy and it was crazy to see, but she was trying everything she could to get near you and my belly. She slept around you like she was protecting you. I thought only humans were anxiously waiting for you to arrive, but apparently I was mistaken! Each night I dream of you still. Last night we were playing, you were the most gorgeous little boy in the world, and I stood in awe of you. I can't wait to see how amazing you truly are and not have to dream up these things. You can come out now, I'm about to send out an eviction notice if it's not soon. I love you little Maxwell. You are the most blessed surprise I have ever been lucky to have. It's been comforting to have you around when I was unsure about so much. You kept me going. You're not even born yet, and I already owe you so much. I can't thank God enough for you. Every time you move inside of me, I only imagine you moving around in my arms. We've got quite the trek ahead of us, baby boy, and I'm going to make sure everything works out perfectly. You deserve it.

Love always,
Mommy

"A baby is like the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilites." -Eda J. Le Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment