Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The end is finally near!! :)

So we get a triple dose of good news this week. Called in yesterday, got set up with some zolpidem (which is the kind of ambiend they give to pregnant ladies). Then today, came in to see Dr. Hix (this is, btw, our favorite doctor.) who checked everything out - and as I predicted - no change. But the good news now! He's going to be delivering Maxwell! :) So I know that he'll come laughing, not crying into this world! :) We leave tomorrow at 5 pm to get meds to start making progress, and then they have to monitor me, because there is a chance I could go straight into labor after they give them to me. We could only hope. There's a risk that I may be headed for a C-section, he explained, because my pelvis is so small. But I think it should know what to do. Hopefully at least. Then, what we've all been waiting for! Bryan Maxwell Speed (it's official, I filled out the paperwork with his name on it) will be born either Friday morning or afternoon. And then my whole life is going to change by the dawn's early scream. Every morning. Ha, maybe not quite. Still nervous about everything and how much life is going to change from what we know it as now, but nothing that Bry and I can't overcome as long as we stick together. I love you Maxwell, I'll be holding you in a series of HOURS.

Dear Maxwell,
It's been quite the struggly trying to make progress with you. But I suppose that's okay at this point in time, but if you would've asked me a while back I would've been devestated. It's been tough waiting and waiting for something to happen, then finally have to realize that the doctor's are going to have to be the ones to make things happen. It's okay... we'll work on self-sufficiency!
Your daddy and I are pretty good cheerleaders... We'll be the greatest fans of your life. And for each new little Speed that comes into this world as well. But you're our first born. Our greatest surprise this year. I've known of you since February 15 and for 8 and a half more months you've been everything I lived for: cheered me up (kicked me) when I was crying about life's uncertainties, gave me the strength to grow up and regain my independence that somehow got lost along the way, and finally the extra drive when I was upset about the situation to finish studying and try my hardest - you and your daddy both depend on it. No staying in college for 5 years, no going out to party when I know I should be home studying, etc. You've changed a lot in my life around - for the better. And I couldn't thank you enough, except to raise you to the best of my ability, deal with you in an equal manner, and above all love your father so you know security from day one. We're working on that too. He's my best friend, he's been there for me more than you'll ever know while you were baking in the oven. He makes sure to pick me back up when things start getting tough and helping me get back on track. You're gonna have a lot to live up to, and have the ideal role model. I love you so much - I never felt so heavily about anything. Every single decision I make is centered around you first, then Daddy. I can't wait to meet you Maxwell, and neither can about the 50+ people we texted today! x < 24 hrs before we head to the hospital! I love you sir. Meeting you soon.

Love always,
Mommy

"Whenever a woman gives birth to a child, she remembers the hard work no more, for the joy that a child has been born into the world," John 16:21

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I can't wait!!! Michael and I will be up there Friday and we will always be there for the three of you!!!

    ReplyDelete