Tuesday, October 13, 2009

39 weeks today!

Well, this week I've got two mid-terms and I can't seem to focus on either one with the excitement of Max coming soon. I've actually had to pray that I can make it through this week! HA! Hopefully good news at the baby doctor tomorrow! Had a pretty amazing weekend - most of the regular gang over to the house for cooking out and watching the after-games. And hopefully Max'll be here this weekend to cook out with us! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Got the stroller and car seat! I'm zooming around the apartment playing with it! Heeeee! Bryan hasn't been too thrilled with me - everytime we get something, I pull it out right away to put together. Too much excitement to wait! Apparently when he was going to see his grandmother, parents, and sister off he told me to wait until tomorrow to put the stroller together, but I didn't listen! Sorry grosshead ;] Anyway, for anyone reading this, I heard about this AMAZING book that I'm going to eventually get once the lines at Barnes and Noble aren't insane. It teaches you by the 7th week to let your little one sleep through the night. It's called "On Becoming Baby Wise" by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam. Grab it for yourself and start studying! I was told about this and the lady swears it worked for her daughter and her sister! (Even though I can't remember for the life of me who the lady was - I just know I was with my mom when we found out about it... silly pregnancy hormones making me forget!) I think the worst part about everything now is that when I'm out for too long, my legs swell up, and let me tell you - that's the worst pain ever. It's as if you're flexing your legs the whole time you walk, and your muscles are in overdrive. Makes it hard to get out when I don't want to sit around the casa all day :[ Anyway, baby doctor tomorrow - please be good news, I'm sick of being pregnant! I want the real thing now!

Dear baby Maxwell,
You're a very stubborn baby apparently. It's okay, that's not always a bad thing, and we have plenty of time to work on it. Probably inevitable since both your parents are that way. It's time to come out soon so we can play and laugh and have fun! :] I definitely know I'm going to have my hands full if you're anything like your daddy. I ask him on a regular basis if he's aware of how old he is! But I suppose that's okay, just means that life'll be more fun and less serious, unless of course it has to be. You're so spoiled already. You have more clothes than Daddy! Haaa :] But of course, you'll never have more clothes/shoes than Mommy. If you have sisters, they might attempt to come close! Anyway, hurry out soon so that I can stop be distracted and distressed with the uncertainty of not knowing when you're going to come out. I have two tests this week and it's not helping sir! And you've got bookoos of people ready to meet you. Let's not be fashionably late, even if it is socially acceptable. I love you kiddo, even though I still get upset with things that happen. You're worth everything and more. I've known it since the day I first felt you fluttering around - it was after midnight in the very wee hours on May 11, 2009. I'll never forget that day. Don't be scared if I start bawling my eyes out when they show you to me, it'll be a good thing. I cried the day I found out you were a boy and saw you moving around inside, even if you were kicking my stomach like crazy. And to actually finally see you, well, you're going to take my breath away. Alright, I seriously have to get back to finishing this study guide and ensure your future by finishing college. Come see me soon.

Love always,
Mommy

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on"
-Carl Sandburg

1 comment:

  1. AHHH I can't wait to see him!!! I hope he is here by Saturday and I am sure that he will plan his arrival around the Razorback football game, if he is anything like his daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete