Monday, November 2, 2009

He's here!

So I finally get it. Everything. In case you haven't been on facebook in the past 3 days, here's an update:

Went in to the hospital around 5 on Thursday. They induced and the wait began. And lasted 25.5 hours. At 7:33 pm on Friday October 30, 2009 my life was complete. Bryan Maxwell Speed was born, 7 lbs 13 oz 20.5" long. It's so crazy how my life has changed since then. My nights are now timed in 2.5-3 hr increments, I don't think the circles under my eyes have ever been darker, and I wouldn't trade my life right now for anything in the world. Hormones have gotten the better of me at least once a day. The first night with him, I think the nurses took him away and by the second hour, tears were streaming down my face because they hadn't brought him back to me and I couldn't get out of bed to go get him. Today thoughts of him growing up kept flooding in and I started thinking about when he wouldn't need me anymore, when he was grown, etc and couldn't stop crying. I went from being so headstrong about not having a child to being completely obsessed with my son from the minute he was born. He doesn't sleep in his crib much unless its at night because he's in my arms :) Things are starting to get easier I think, as we're slowly getting him on a routine. But sleep doesn't come easy unless he's asleep.

Dear Maxwell,
It's amazing how much you complete my life in ways I didn't ever imagine. I get teary-eyed thinking of you and how one day you're going to grow up and go off on your own and won't really need me anymore. I'm scared that time is going to pass before my eyes and before I know it you won't be a baby anymore. I really wish you could stay a newborn forever. You're so perfect. I couldn't have imagined a more gorgeous baby and although you've cried and kept us up the past 2 nights, you're really a good baby. I hate letting you down and get upset when I don't have you near me or in my arms. Of course, unless Daddy's holding you. You two are my everything right now. We love you so incredibly much. I've never seen Daddy so cautious. I never thought you'd get to me this way either. But you have and I'm not sorry. I just can't wait to get to know you over the rest of our lives. Thanks for completing me.

Love always,
Mommy
<3 my two boys

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of the two of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture is priceless! Congratulations on Baby Maxwell! =)

    ReplyDelete