Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My first mother's day!



So I really need to learn to make a commitment to keeping up with this thing! Here's some updates from forever ago: Max is now sitting by himself and slowly is picking up the don't crawl in reverse. A little slow, but VERY determined.

Anyway, mother's day. I'm pretty sure it's just a day for you to realize where you were before your child or children came in your life and how dramatically it's been enhanced since they've been around.

I woke up to Maxwell smiling and cooing and my heart melted, and I thought, "THANK YOU FOR NOT WAKING UP CRYING!" :) Bry woke up a little after (go figure huh? unless I'm in school he's a sleeper for sure!) he came out and got out the presents that I saw on the counter. I was in the other room getting ready for brunch when he came in with this teal mothers day card with a picture in it. He had told me earlier in the week that he HAD to go to Wal-Mart that week to get his momma Jill some pictures of Max. I was skeptical and had asked him to show me the ones he had printed off for her. Conveniently, he didn't have them on him. My suspicions were correct when I saw my picture frame card. Inside he had written something that just opened up the floodgates..."I've come a long way from flutters in your belly." Wow, it's still making me tear up. If you're not aware Mother's Day 2009 was the first day that I felt my little Maxwell flutter around. I will NEVER forget that feeling. Like little butterfly wings tickling the inside of my tummy. Anyway, back to story. I came out and there was a gift baggie full of something. I pull out it's "guts" (the tissue paper) and start crying again. A few weeks prior I had gone to visit my gyno for yearly check-up and stuff. I was CERTAIN I had left my bracelet there and it was gone FOREVER! And I didn't want another one - I wanted the one I had back. Mom had talked of replacing it because it wasn't too terribly expensive to do so, but I was reluctant. She had come up that weekend to help out with little Maxwell and she takes apart the couch to make it more comfortable. When she did this time, she found my bracelet. After I went to bed, she was whispering to Bry how she'd found it. And then kept it from me!! Those two!! He explained how he'd told my sob story of losing my bracelet to the manager at Mason's and they replaced most of my charms and things, but Masons doesn't carry all of the charms. They're supposed to only give in-store credit for the jewelry but somehow he was able to talk them into exchanging it! Needless to say, he pretty much rocks :) He did, however, get Max's birthstone charm for it... and can I tell you how happy Max was that my charm bracelet was back? He likes playing with the dangling charms! Along with my refound bracelet, new charm, I still had a present in the oven. If you know me, I don't miss much and saw it before Bry got up. The bag he had bought was too small for this. I knew, too, what this was before opening up the oven. Drew will rest easier at night knowing that his electric wine opener is safe because I finally got my own! No more wrestling with foil or having to have jumbo muscles for pulling out corks... this little contraption is worth its weight in gold! And I can throw it in my purse for taking to friends houses! Last time I was over at Jenna's, she had this little cheapie one you buy when you realize you don't have a wine opener and I got on one side of the bottle and she got on the other and pulled until the cork finally came out... it was a show for sure. We can rest easier knowing our visits won't consist of wine bottle wrestling!

After all that, we loaded up and went to Mojitos for lunch. My FAV mojito ever is there: agave :) I need to learn to make them. They're VERY important to have once in a while. We also got a complimentary cheesecake for dinner :) Thanks for the help UrbanSpoon! I downloaded the app then started shaking, and it popped up and SOLD! We were on our merry way.

After lunch ran a few errands then ended up at Sams Club to purchase some things obviously in bulk and stock up. Mom and I made our way to the recliners because in my master plan Bry's old man chair is going to rest in peace soon. Anyway, I sat down in it, got disappointed the massage part was broken, and then got happy when I realized how comfy it really was. While we were getting Bry over there a lady walks down the aisle and starts flirting with Maxwell and we start up a conversation. Max and Bry are having their turn in the recliner and she asks, "Are you the uncle? The big brother?" We apparently look too young for a kiddo of our own. Not quite sure how I feel on that one though I know it should be a compliment.

Later on in the day went out to Noodles with bro, his gf, mom, Max and me. Now if you love Noodles already, you're about to love it even more. Sundays are their special wine buy days and you get 50% off house wine carafes or 25% off bottles. Mom and I split a carafe of some pinot grigio. She was gaga over it, but meh. Not my fave pinot grigio.

On a wine note. Was in store last week and found this little whimsical brand called Middle Sister. Kinda took me a second that next month I'm going to be a middle child, and a middle sister! An only sister, but still both of them will describe me perfectly. Well. I've got two bottles in my collection so far (already empty bottles, go figure) and they're just funny. The first kind I purchased was the Cabernet Sauvignon cleverly titled Mischief Maker and then the blend of reds titled Rebel Red. I'm not quite sure of the other titles, but I'm soon to find out as I make my collection more and more complete.

Anyway, on an end note: Hope everyone had as blessed of a day as I did. I realize more and more every day how blessed and full my life is as well as how lucky I am to have such amazing boys! They're the reason for the megawatt smile I'm sporting these days. Important accessory in everyday life.


Dear Maxwell,

I can't thank you enough for everything you do for me. You're teaching me a lot everyday. Especially your teevee shows. I learned about some butterfly today haha. Go Diego Go is very important. Now more serious, I absolutely LOVE being your mother. Some people say it's tough being in my position: going to school and having to take care of you. But you know what - I had you, got back in school when you were going on three months old, and pulled off a 4.0 that semester. I can do anything. You my little darling, give me the motivation to do so a lot of the time. Getting up in wee hours of day to get to school and be outta there by noon and have the rest of the day to play around with you. Life's never better. Might be frustrating at times, but that's life. I wouldn't change anything. You give me hope, strength, and make me a better person. Then pee, poop, eat, sleep rinse lather repeat :) You've been the greatest surprise EVER to happen in my life and I thank the man upstairs for you every night. I loved you way before you even arrived in this world and although I can't wrap my mind around how you can make me cry just by looking at you and realizing that you're my everything, I don't think I ever want to. One of life's greatest mysteries is one of the heart. You've captured mine. I realize nowadays why my mother di what she did, why she was so overprotective and I couldn't figure out why. I hope I have enough in me to let you run wild and explore, get messy and get booboos. But never forget that no matter how "mean" I may be, I'm trying to turn you into a marvelous man. That's my job. Good thing you already have one in your daddy so it won't be too hard to teach by example. We love you little guy. Thanks for the past six months and here's to infinity more :)

Love always,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment