Sunday, September 20, 2009

Almost 4 weeks left!

So it's about 4 weeks until his big debut, and things are only getting more and more real. It's so crazy to think that just a year ago I was merely a sophomore going into college and had no idea what was about to hit me later in the year. It's been a crazy ride, but finally everything is coming into place. Last weekend was the big baby sale and we were able to get pretty much EVERYTHING! Talk about relief! Might not have been exactly what I wanted, but I'm grateful for what I did get. I'm so lucky that I have so many people that are excited, instead of the being judgmental and negative about the whole situation.


Dear Maxwell,
It's about 4 weeks 'til I get to see your screaming face in the hospital, but you should know that I'm dreaming about it every night. I can't wait to hold you, to take care of you, and make your life the best that I can. It's been a crazy year getting to where we are right now, but I promise you, I'm going to be there for you for every minute. It's been bittersweet, mainly emphasizing the sweet part though, little angel. You've managed to completely turn around my life and make me realize how much life isn't going to be about me anymore. You're in everything I do, everything I think, and there's no other way I'd have it right now. Of course I have what-if's, but God knows what he's doing. You were my special surprise and brought to me for a reason. I may get upset and cry alot, and I know you know it's going on, because you always make sure to poke me as if to say, "It's all right Mommy, I'm worth it all." And you must take after your father, because you're right, and you're pretty smart already. I dream of what you'll become, and I'll be there throughout the way making sure you do whatever you want to do. Your daddy's ready to see you too. I couldn't thank God any more for him. He's hoping that you're gonna be a huge sports fan like him and be able to be his mini-me :) We both are so grateful that despite everything, you're healthy. Can't ask for more than that right now! Anyway, we're going to spend this entire week getting everything ready for your debut. I love you little Maxwell.

Love always,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Heather. Reading this gave me butterflies. It was so beautiful in so many ways. You'll be an amazing mother. Remember that every day is a blessing. Maxwell will be the greatest gift you could possibly ask for! I hope you see you around sometime ^^. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Typo. I hope to see you around sometime ^^.

    ReplyDelete